Sunday, January 8, 2012

Closing out 2011

September marked the passing of my pops.  I will save the long story for those who know me enough to ask (if you really want to know) over an adult beverage sometime, and just add that it was a consuming change. 

Not because there was so much to do, I mean, there was a lot to do but a good list and keeping notes helps that process along, but becuase it changes the day to day.  For mom, for me, for friends - the world looks different when a loved one passes. 

The pup and I keep moving forward.  God I love that furry face.  She never tells my secrets.  :-)

Friends are well, and the work front likely holds 6 more years for me - I had hoped to start the full time artist gig sooner, but number crunching tells me the extra years at the county will prove their worth many times over.

Still, I look for ways to keep creating, and I am currently signing up to be considered as an artist for a contest (of sorts) that asks for 10 pieces, 90% of the materials coming from landfill (yep - the dump!) and I am super excited.  More news on that should I get selected.

Already over a week into 2012, I set the following intentions:
  • Identify and hold my gratitudes DAILY - hourly if it is hard
  • Spend quality time with family and friends
  • Assess the ways I can grow and take action
  • Breath deeply
  • Listen more
  • Eat good food
  • And always choose love, not fear

No comments: